A network security analysis is an independent evaluation of the informational security of a network infrastructure and the preparation of recommendations on raising the security level of the network infrastructure with respect to the best international practices of providing informational security.
The goal of the test is to find system vulnerabilities that could appear as a result of a faulty configuration, technical and programming errors, or operational faults in the processes and the technical control tools.
Problems it will solve
A network security analysis will minimize the risks related to a low level of network security by independently evaluating the informational security of the network infrastructure with respect to the best international practices of providing informational security.
Report will include the following information (Deliverables)
- An evaluation of the security level of the network’s infrastructure;
- Information on the discovered problems and their severity;
- A list of vulnerabilities with a description of the problem and ways it might reproduce;
- Recommendations on the optimization of the network infrastructure with regards to informational security;
- Technical solution options for network and specification modernization;
- List of recommendations for network modernization; and
- Project results presentation (MS PowerPoint).
Example of the service
The analysis of the IT infrastructure of a large trading company was conducted upon the initiative of the engineering director. The main goal was to obtain an independent expert evaluation of the practicality and sufficiency of the measures taken in terms of the company’s security. The following was discovered as a result:
- A lack of a unified system for the division of accessibility rules;
- Adding new subdivisions to the network required great effort and did not guarantee the necessary security level;
- The majority of the servers used old software versions with a large number of vulnerabilities; and
- In certain cases, network equipment had accounts that were still activated by default.
Scope of Work
- Information analysis on the system, its users, and their goals;
- Analysis of discovered vulnerabilities and their severity;
- Evaluation of the correspondence of the requirements to the standards;
- Preparation of recommendations;
- Preparation of the project results report; and
- Preparation of the project results presentation.
- Nessus Vulnerability Scanner