SOFTWARE REQUIREMENTS MANAGEMENT
Software requirements management is a process that includes the identification, documentation, analysis, tracking, requirements prioritization, reaching an agreement on requirements, change management, and notification of the interested parties.
The organization of the requirements management process allows us to provide documentation and requirements control as well as implementation in accordance to the customer’s expectations.
Problems it will solve
- Minimizing the risks of defects in new software functionality or its noncompliance with the expectations of the customer;
- Cutting the operational costs during the implementation of the new releases or system updates by minimizing the number of change iterations or corrections to the implemented functionality;
- Cutting down the time frames for system implementation (time-to-market) or its new functionality by implementing system functionality in accordance to the initial customer requirements;
- Cutting down the time frames for the analysis of the effect that changes may have on the current system’s functionality;
- Raising the effectiveness of managing business expectations through a more precise release launch; and
- Raising software quality by implementing centralized requirements storage, managing all changes, and conducting a risk analysis during the implementation of new requirements.
- A deployed and tuned Software Requirements Management System.
- Regulations for requirements management that contain:
- The roles and responsibilities of the process participants and
- The working order with the Software Requirements Management System.
- Implementation plan (MS Project)
Scope of work for the requirements management process organization project
- Determine all participants for the current requirements management process, their roles, and approach to working with requirements;
- Determine criteria for choosing software management testing tools;
- Determine requirements for the management tool and infrastructure; and
- Coordinate the choosing of the tool with the customer.
- Prepare the regulations for the software requirements management;
- Implement the requirements management tool;
- Customize the requirements management tool; and
- Educate customer’s employees to work with tool
- Pilot launch
- A trial launch of the new requirements management process for the first system;
- Analysis of the pilot launch, discovery of weaknesses in the process; and
- Customization of the tools, processes, and changing the working regulations.
- Implementation of the requirements management process for all systems
Tools and licences
We might use following tools and licences during the project:
- HP ALM (HP Application Lifecycle Management, HP Quality center)
- TFS (Team Foundation Server)
- TestLink + JIRA
- TestLink + Readmine