Testing Center of Excellence
Testing Center of Excellence
The Testing Center of Excellence (TCoE) is a centralized solution that allows us to unite the processes, tools, infrastructure, and test team into a service function available to all subdivisions of the company.
TCoE options (Testing Center of Excellence):
Center of Excellence management on the side of the customer:
- The internal software testing center of excellence and
- Outsourcing of the technical specialists.
Outsourcing of the Center of Excellence:
- A full outsourcing of the Center of Excellence under a service contract and
- Technical expertise and Center of Excellence management.
Problems it will solve
- Minimizing the risks related to low-quality developed software by organizing the Testing Center of Excellence on the basis of world standards in the area of QA and the standardization of the test processes;
- Boosting transparency and budget planning effectiveness for testing;
- Raising the effectiveness of business subdivisions operations by minimizing their participation in non-core processes;
- Raising the effectiveness of managing business expectations through more precise release launches;
- Cutting operational costs for additional corrections to software by raising its quality and discovering defects in the early stages of development; and
- Optimizing the costs of the implementation and development of the information systems.
- A Testing Center of Excellence that is capable of offering services in software testing;
- A deployed testing infrastructure;
- Testing methodologies and regulations; and
- A short- and long-term development strategy for the Testing Center of Excellence.
Scope of Work
- Analysis of the current state of the testing process;
- Determine all business processes and systems that require testing;
- Determine the necessary and sufficient types of testing for each system;
- Software testing budget planning;
- Report on the results of the analysis;
- Coordination of the ways to organize TCoE; and
- Determination of the pilot project and ways of testing within the frames of the pilot project.
- Implementation of TCoE
- Prepare a plan;
- Determine the organizational structure of TCoE;
- Develop the methods and regulations for testing;
- Create the software testing communication center;
- Hire employees for key positions, training, and internships, or outsource a test team; and
- Implement test-management software and automation testing tools.
- Management and support of TCoE
- Work in the pilot regime within the frames of the new goals (or the first system);
- Analysis of the pilot project results and making changes to the regulations and methods of the software testing process;
- Full implementation of the Software Testing Center of Excellence with the introduction of all specialists to TCoE; and
- Prepare recommendations and TCoE long-term development strategies.
Tools and licences
We might use following tools and licences during the project:
- HP ALM (HP Application Lifecycle Management, HP Quality center)
- TFS (Team Foundation Server)
- TestLink + JIRA
- TestLink + Readmine