Installation testing allows us to determine the possibility of system deployment and configuration, in addition to the correspondence level of the initial system codes provided by the developer to the technical specifications and requirements of the system.
Problems it will solve
- Minimize the risks of complete system inoperability due to installation failure, user data loss during the system installation on the production servers, or the presence of defects in the system functionality due to incorrect installation by promptly discovering possible defects or problems during the installation testing
- Minimize the risks of inoperable software or risks that the version of the system or its functionality does not meet the customer’s requirements
- Minimize the risks of system installation failure or incorrect installation due to the absence of an installation instruction manual
- The report includes the following information:
- The level of correspondence of the software functionality to the requirements specified in the documentation;
- The number of defects appearing during the installation and their severity within the system operation;
- The number of defects appearing during the installation with a description of the problem and a method for its reproduction;
- The evaluation of the installation document quality, its comprehensiveness, and its accuracy.
- System’s distributive ready to install
- Administrative manual
The scope of work
- Analyzing documentation (installation instructions)
- Checking for the presence of all necessary files in the distribution pack
- Creating the installation plan
- Tuning test management tools (ALM+BugTracker)
- Installation-testing first iteration
- Smoke-testing first iteration
- Installation-testing second iteration (after all defects are corrected)
- Smoke-testing second iteration (after all defects are corrected)
Service Quality Criteria
- The completion of the project within the timeframe specified by the contract with a test environment availability of no less than 95%.
- The number of bugs and defects in the system after the release has been installed in the production environment.
- The number of duplicates or incorrectly entered defects in the test process management system.
Tools and licences
- HP ALM (HP Application Lifecycle Management, HP Quality center)
- TFS (Team Foundation Server)
- TestLink + JIRA
- TestLink + Readmine