Scalable UI Test Automation in Swift 3 ( Online )
In 7-sessions on-line bootcamp you will learn how to build framework in XCode for iPhone functional tests using new Swift 3 programing language and XCTest + Ui Testing library
What test automation framework and programming language are we going to use?
- XCTest — Apple native framework for writing Unit and Ui Functional tests
- Swift 3 –a powerful and intuitive open source programming language for macOS, iOS, watchOS and tvOS which is easy to learn
- Ui Testing – new Xcode 8 native library for Ui Functional Test
- Learn about iOS native applications automation process
- Learn how to configure iOS XCode on your Mac
- How to use UITest record feature in XCode to speedup writing tests
- Learn how to use most common Ui Testing APIs
- Identifying app elements using XCUIElementQuery methods
- Implement scalable framework using Screen Objects
- Learn how to get reports from your tests
- Build tests from command line using XCTool
- Learn how to debug problems in XCode and resolve it
- Learn basics of Swift programming language
- And finally, write lots of tests
Do I need to have iPhone for this class? Not necessary. We are going to use iPhone simulator which is part of Xcode.
Is class taught in English? Yes
Is it real time on-line interactive bootcamp with instructor? This is going to be on-line class with real instructors. Bootcamp mediator will type code in real time while explaining material to the students. At the same time, another instructor will be answering questions in live chat. You will also receive recorded lecture with completed code in GitHub after each session. We will host live group in Skype in between online session for questions.
Are we going to write test for real app? Yes. All the tests will be written for real iPhone app from real startup. You may show frameworks setup with written tests during interview as demo.
What are the requirements and prerequisites?
Mac with minimum hardware requirements: CPU: 2Ghz+, Intel i5+, RAM: 8Gb+
- All required software will be installed prior to the 1st class (Email with instructions will be sent one week prior to the first session).
- Experience? It is good to know basic programming concepts, but not required. We will teach you everything you would need to know!
If you missed something during the class, no worries! We will provide video recording of class and GitHub repository for your convenience.
Please register ASAP since seating is limited!
* Registration refund policy:
- Stress free trial — 100% refund after first session