Mobile test automation for Android with Appium (Online Bootcamp for beginners)
In 8-sessions on-line bootcamp you will learn how to build test automation framework for Android functional tests using Cucumber, Ruby and Appium.
What test automation framework and programming language are we going to use?
- Cucumber — BDD framework which enables you to write tests in English + 40 other languages
- Ruby — interpreted language (do not a have to compile); easy to learn compare to Java
- Appium – an open source test automation framework for use with native, hybrid and mobile web apps.
- Learning Cucumber fundamentals
- Learn about Android native applications automation process
- Learn how to configure Android SDK environment on your Mac/PC
- Learn about Appium
- Learn how to use most common Appium APIs
- Identifying mobile elements using Appium Inspector
- Implement test framework using Ruby and Cucumber
- Learn how to get reports from your tests
- Learn how to debug problems and resolve it
- Learn basics of Ruby programming language
- And finally, write lots of tests
Do I need to have Android device for this class? You may but it is not necessary. We are going to use Genymotion virtual device.
Is class taught in English? Yes
Is it real time on-line interactive bootcamp with instructor? This is going to be on-line class with real instructors. Bootcamp mediator will type code in real time while explaining material to the students. At the same time, another instructor will be answering questions in live chat. You will also receive recorded lecture with completed code in GitHub after each session. We will host live group in Skype in between online session for questions.
Are we going to write test for real app? Yes. All the tests will be written against real, open source Android app. You may show frameworks setup with written tests during interview as demo or use is as a baseline for your work project.
What are the requirements and prerequisites?
- Mac/PC with minimum hardware requirements: CPU: 2Ghz+, Intel i5+, RAM: 8Gb+
- All required software will be installed prior to the 1st class (Email with instructions will be sent one week prior to the first session).
- Experience? It is good to know basic programming concepts, but not required. We will teach you everything you would need to know!
If you missed something during the class, no worries! We will provide video recording of class and GitHub repository for your convenience.
Please register ASAP since seating is limited!
* Registration refund policy:
- Stress free trial — 100% refund after first session